DUE: Tuesday, 9/24
Features of Living Things Mini-Project
Goal: To Create a Comic-Strip or Cartoon that portrays, describes and illustrates the 8 Features of Living Things of a specific organism.
- Choose a specific organism. Examples: zebra, alligator, hummingbird, mushroom, etc...
- Think of examples and describe how each of the 8 features “fits” or applies to your chosen organism. This part should be completed as a brainstorming rough draft. You may need to research a bit to find out specific information.
- Create a cartoon (one plate design) or a comic strip (many plate design) to show how each of the 8 features applies to your chosen organism.
- Illustrate your organism using color and design to show each feature.
- You may do this using a cartoon design where you would draw the organism and then provide labels in places where each of the 8 features would be represented.
- You may do this using a comic strip design where you would create separate plates that show your organism representing the 8 features.
- Label each feature neatly in a talking bubble and provide a description of how that feature applies to your organism.
- Include your name and date on the bottom, right-hand corner of the paper.
- Include a border that extends all the way around all sides of the paper.
- Have FUN!!
___5___ Organism chosen is a living thing and evidence for this is substantial.
___3___ Name and date are on the bottom, right-hand corner of paper.
___2___ Border extends all the way around all sides of the paper.
___10__ Neatness, care, effort and color in your design and descriptions.
___35__ 8 features are represented and are correct.
___35__ 8 features are described inside a talking bubble and are accurate.___10___ Works Cited: Use Citation Machine