Features of Living Things Project
Goal: To Create a Comic-Strip or Cartoon that portrays, describes, and illustrates the 8 Features of Living Things of a specific organism.
- Choose a specific organism. Examples: zebra, alligator, hummingbird, mushroom, bacterial cell, fern, oak tree, tulip, jelly fish, sea star, etc...
- Think of examples and describe how each of the 8 features “fits” or applies to your chosen organism. This part should be completed as a brainstorming rough draft. You may need to research a bit to find out specific information.
- Create a cartoon (one plate design) or a comic strip (many plate design) to show how each of the 8 features applies to your chosen organism.
- Illustrate your organism using color and design to show each feature.
- You may do this using a cartoon design where you would draw the organism and then provide labels in places where each of the 8 features would be represented.
- You may do this using a comic strip design where you would create separate plates that show your organism representing the 8 features.
- Label each feature neatly in a talking bubble and provide a description of how that feature applies to your organism. This requires some research.
- Include the scientific name of your organism.
- Example: Gray wolf, Canis lupus
- Include your name and date on the bottom, right-hand corner of the paper.
- Include a border that extends all the way around all sides of the paper.
- Include your references on the back of the paper. Use Citation Machine or Easybib.
- Have FUN and be creative!!
- DUE: Friday, 9/19
_____5_____ Organism chosen is a living thing and evidence for this is substantial.
_____3_____ Name and date are on the bottom, right-hand corner of paper.
_____2_____ Border extends all the way around all sides of the paper.
_____10____ Neatness, care, effort, and color in your design and descriptions.
_____35____ 8 features are represented and are correct.
_____35____ 8 features are described inside a talking bubble and are accurate.
_____10____ Works Cited: Use Citation Machine
___100______ Total Score and Comments:
________ Student chose a living organism; evidence to prove this is substantial.
________Name and date are at the bottom, right-hand corner of the paper.
________Border extends all the way around all sides of the paper.
________Neatness, care, effort, and color are evident in your research, design, and descriptions.
________8 Features are included, represented, and are correct.
________8 Features are described inside a talking bubble and are accurate.
________Works Cited are included either with Citation machine or Easy bib.
________TOTAL SCORE and COMMENTS